Post Reply Post Reply
iTronics ITB-100HD unboxed!
NoSensitivity Offline

iTronics ITB-100HD unboxed!
Just received my new dash cam today and took some quick pics of what's inside the box.

[Image: IMG_0975.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0976.jpg]

Came with Korean instuctions and a window sticker

[Image: IMG_0980.jpg]

Tray

[Image: IMG_0982.jpg]

Contents: Cigarette lighter plug, 06 cable clips, windshield mount, extra double sided tape for mount, 8 GB SD card(self branded), USB SD Card reader, dash camera

[Image: IMG_0988.jpg]

Front

[Image: IMG_0990.jpg]

Back

[Image: IMG_0991.jpg]

I just noticed that the camera housing has a rubbery feel to it. Sorry, I'm just super tired and don't have much to say about it right now lol. Will post vids when I get it mounted!
10-04-2012 09:10 PM
Quote this message in a reply
RolandsV Offline

RE: iTronics ITB-100HD unboxed!
Camera isn`t cheap, so expectations should be high. Let us know, and most importantly show us how camera performs Smile
10-05-2012 02:44 AM
Visit this user's website Quote this message in a reply
TieNN89 Offline

I picked up mine from the post office today too Big Grin.

I'm pretty happy with it so far. Don't have any actual footage to show though because I just sat it on the dash and took it for a drive to see how it performs

Does anyone know where I can find the latest firmware, software, manuals in English?

Mine came with English manual on a separate SD card but my software is not in English which is disappointing
10-05-2012 03:49 AM
Andrew Offline
Super Moderator

That's awesome!  Thanks for sharing, I'm interested to hear your impressions as well.
10-05-2012 04:29 AM
NoSensitivity Offline

Posted by "mrkookm" on radardectorforums:

Quote:English PC Player: ITB-100HDE PC Player.zip
English Manual: ITB100HD_English Manual.pdf
Firmware v2.0: itb100hdfw.zip

Can't wait to give this a try!
10-05-2012 06:27 AM
TieNN89 Offline

After my last reply I found it on that site and the software works pretty well

Where do people find the latest firmware updates etc? Surely it's on a site hosted by iTronics somewhere
10-05-2012 07:33 AM
NoSensitivity Offline

I looked around earlier and a earch of "ipass black" brought me to their website that had downloads for the line of iTronics cameras. I don't have the link right now.  it was all in Korean though
10-05-2012 10:00 AM
NoSensitivity Offline

I just drove around a little bit with the camera for the first time today and so far I'm liking it. I obviously have a bit of OCD as I had to adjust the mount about 5 times already, trying to aim it perfectly. Both pieces of adhesive tape are gone and I had to cut my own pieces of 3m double sided tape. The camera still isn't aimed to my liking so I still have to play around with the aiming until it's perfect damnit! LOL Tongue

I noticed it takes between 20-30 seconds for the camera to power up once the car is started. Once it has powered up, it gives 3 quick beeps to let you know it has started recording. I drove around with the shock-sensitivity(event recording) set to "Normal" and it seems to be too sensitive. Driving over small bumps in the road will trigger them so I'll have to try the lowest setting "Insensitive".

The time stamp is set by selecting your timezone in the included software. The timestamp is 1 hr behind for some reason and I'm guessing it has to do with the program not taking into account daylight savings time here. I temporarily changed my timezone to counter the 1 hr difference.

Clips are recorded in 1 minute segments and there doesn't appear to be a setting for this.

The sound in the videos sound muffled to me but I read on radardetectorforums that drilling a bigger mic hole really helps improve the sound. I may consider doing this later on down the road.

I don't have any videos to show but it was cloudy today and the video quality was pretty identical to the ones on youtube. I know some people are turned off by the 24fps recording in 1080p mode but to be honest, the difference is not noticeable to me.

I'll come up with a more detailed review and post videos/pictures once I get the camera hardwired and have more experience with it!
10-07-2012 04:42 PM
Andrew Offline
Super Moderator

Awesome looking forward to your impressions.  It seems every single Korean camera is really sensitive to shocks.  I guess their road system is pretty much in good repair all the time, their country isn't that big after all.  

I found a really good video comparison of someone who owns the iTronics ITB-100HD, Blackvue DR400G and the latest FineVU CR500HD.  All the videos I've seen seem to show the iTronics preforming really well at night.  Hope that's the case for you too. 

10-07-2012 04:52 PM
Wannago Offline

Re: iTronics ITB-100HD unboxed!
Andrew, care to share a link to the owner that has the 3 cams? I'm really considering the FineVu 500 and would like to hear his thoughts. Thanks.

*Edit - Doh! Didn't see the embedded video on my cell phone with TapaTalk...see it now though Smile That was all I needed to see....the FineVu performs very well and in my opinion, just as good if not better in than the Itronics at night. Will be asking Santa for one this Christmas. Wonder when they'll have the English firmware available?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 01:10 AM by Wannago.)
10-08-2012 12:12 AM
Post Reply Post Reply