Car Cam Central Forums

Full Version: DOD LS330W
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there anyone get LS330W? 
Why i couldn't find any feedbacks from neither here nor dashcamtalk? 
I only found the introduction video from Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv83ScTvicw
Hey, my review is almost out.  I'm covering the LS300 and LS330W.  I really like the cameras as they have great video and boot up quickly.  

Is there anything specific you want to know?
Hello.  This is my first post so I wasn't sure if I should ask in this thread  My apologies if I should have started a new one.  I, too, am interested in the LS330W. 

A few questions

With the GPS logger accessory, my understanding is that it can be used to display current speed. Can you display the speed but not log or imprint it on the video?

Is there a lag between videos when it stops and starts a new one?  If so, how long?

Can the screen be turned off while it is recording?

Does the GPS logger or built-in GPS of other models (LS430W) interfere with the routing GPS ie - Garmin, Tom Tom, etc.  If so, how so?

Comparing to the LS430W, is there any advantage or features that the LS430W does over the LS330W?  When including the GPS logger accessory, the pricing is similar. I know that the 430 has GPS built-in but appears to have the same speed (5x).  Aside from the different layout, size difference (330 height is lower) and external gps receiver vs built-in, they appear to be identical.  I'm not entirely sold on the necessity of GPS but if the two are otherwise the same technically, I may lean towards the 330 for its slightly smaller height footprint and gps accessory.  I also assume that the external gps mouse does not need to be installed outside the vehicle but somewhere within the glass area (perhaps in the top corner of the dashboard)

I would appreciate your thoughts.
(10-23-2013 11:21 AM)Malc Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.  This is my first post so I wasn't sure if I should ask in this thread  My apologies if I should have started a new one.  I, too, am interested in the LS330W. 

A few questions

With the GPS logger accessory, my understanding is that it can be used to display current speed. Can you display the speed but not log or imprint it on the video?

Is there a lag between videos when it stops and starts a new one?  If so, how long?

Does the GPS logger or built-in GPS of other models (LS430W) interfere with the routing GPS ie - Garmin, Tom Tom, etc.  If so, how so?

Comparing to the LS430W, is there any advantage or features that the LS430W does over the LS330W?  When including the GPS logger accessory, the pricing is similar. I know that the 430 has GPS built-in but appears to have the same speed (5x).  Aside from the different layout, size difference (330 height is lower) and external gps receiver vs built-in, they appear to be identical.  I'm not entirely sold on the necessity of GPS but if the two are otherwise the same technically, I may lean towards the 330 for its slightly smaller height footprint and gps accessory.  I also assume that the external gps mouse does not need to be installed outside the vehicle but somewhere within the glass area (perhaps in the top corner of the dashboard)

Hello Malc

I have a  LS430W so all comments are for that model.

With the LS430W you don't have to have the speed logged on the video, and it has a large speed display.

The lag between videos is -1 second the video jumps back one second so you never miss anything.

You can set the screen to turn off after a set time mine is set to 60 seconds.

My Tomtom works fine with the LS430W.

I have found with external GPS that as long as there is sky above them they work fine, so putting it on the dashboard would work just fine.
Thank you Z3ro1

How do like your LS430W?  Anything you don't like?

Do you find the unit hot during use?

What brand and size of micro sd card are you using?

I can go either way between these two
(10-24-2013 07:35 AM)Malc Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Z3ro1

How do like your LS430W?  Anything you don't like?

Do you find the unit hot during use?

What brand and size of micro sd card are you using?

I can go either way between these two

I like the LS430W a lot works perfectly so far, I prefer the built in GPS less cables to deal with.

I have used it a lot over the couple of days I've had it, and it only seems to get slightly warm to the touch.

I bought this SD card and it seems to work fine.
Thanks for your help Z3ro1

I decided to purchase the LS430W.

Your comment about the extra cables for the LS330W makes a lot of sense to me.  The hassle of removing two cables and running them through the car is a bit much, especially if I start removing the cam on a regular basis.

I went to see both cams and the two cam electronics are identical save for the built-in gps.  The LS430W seems to have a very slight edge in video quality based on the videos I saw at the store.  The fellow at the store also said he couldn't explain it because as far as he knows, they are the same lens and sensor.  The videos were made from the actual cameras in and around town so not the manufacturer's videos.  I  agree with the store but you will never notice it unless you A-B the videos.  The difference may also be attributed to the weather at the time of recording.  The 430 was during a cloudy day vs the 330 on a very sunny day.

I got a better value on the 430 than the 330 with gps as I was able to get it cheaper than the combination.  I can't say if I will use the gps but at least it's there if I ever want it and I saved some money.  I will try it anyway, and who knows, I might like it.  There is an advantage to the 330 external gps over the 430.  According to the fellow at the store, the 430 will take up to 2 minutes to lock on to the gps signal vs up to 30 seconds on the 330 gps.  However, once either is locked on, performance should be similar.  They are both rated at 5Hz which updates at 5 times per second.  He mentioned that the regular map gps updates around 1-2Hz and professional ones (racing types) update at around 10Hz

I would recommend the LS330W if you don't want the gps feature.  You are getting the same cam just without gps built-in.  You can always purchase the gps accessory if you ever change your mind.
Isn't the 330w supposed to have higher image quality than the 330w? It seems like 330w + the GPS accessory gives you all functionality of the 430w, but better image quality?
(10-26-2013 09:44 AM)Malc Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your help Z3ro1

I decided to purchase the LS430W.

There is an advantage to the 330 external gps over the 430.  According to the fellow at the store, the 430 will take up to 2 minutes to lock on to the gps signal vs up to 30 seconds on the 330 gps.

I don't think my LS430W has ever taken 2 minuets to get a gps fix, I have mine set to turn screen off and display speed on screen after 1 minuet, and it always seems able to display a speed after the 1 minuet.

I hope you like your LS430W will you give us an update after you have used it a few times, and let us know what you think.
(10-23-2013 08:04 PM)Z3ro1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2013 11:21 AM)Malc Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.  This is my first post so I wasn't sure if I should ask in this thread  My apologies if I should have started a new one.  I, too, am interested in the LS330W. 

A few questions

Hello Malc

I have a  LS430W so all comments are for that model.

With the LS430W you don't have to have the speed logged on the video, and it has a large speed display.

The lag between videos is -1 second the video jumps back one second so you never miss anything.

You can set the screen to turn off after a set time mine is set to 60 seconds.

My Tomtom works fine with the LS430W.

I have found with external GPS that as long as there is sky above them they work fine, so putting it on the dashboard would work just fine.

Hello friends, I am taking a look on LS430W features, thinking about buying it but I have a doubt I can't find the answer:  Does it has any feature to work like in a "parking mode"?  What I would like to do is to have the possibility of taking a recorded video if anybody bump my car when it is parked. I know it is possible to set the Motion detector video recording function on, but I think it is not the same... I can imagine it will be recording most of the time if I park in front of a sidewalk or even in the street.

Can you help me?  Thank you!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's